god-of-small-things

The Importance of Disagreeing



Bloggers, like all writers, want to be loved. So whenever I see a new comment, a smile comes to my face and this thought pops in my mind. Somebody out there thinks I'm brilliant.

What's even better, if truth be told, is when someone disagrees and shows another angle to the story. Then I have to think and explore ways of looking at things.

These last few days MT's been posting some great comments that force me to rethink my assumptions, and challenge any lazy thinking on my part. Stan Guthrie's eponymous blog does the same thing. Stan leans toward the Republican side, I don't. Seeing things from his point of view makes me realize how complicated issues can be, and how careful I need to be as writer.

So thanks MT and Stan for keeping me honest.

|

Powered by Blogger