god-of-small-things

Pray for Nora Nagaruk . Two days ago, she and her husband, Nathan, celebrated their second wedding anniversary. Today, she's having a stem cell transplant for acute myelocytic leukemia, the same disease that killed her dad in 1979.

She's a doctor, and had just finished her second year of residency, when she was diagnosed last year. She and Nathan are salt of the earth people, and they could use any spare prayers you've got.

Here's something she told me about how important prayer has been to her. "I feel like (God) is taking care of me physically, it's been made more tangible. "You know things about God's character - that he is loving and caring - but when you are lying in a hospital bed and you can feel people praying for you, it's like God has come to me down to my bedside."

|

Powered by Blogger