god-of-small-things

A confession



The front page of Not Proud, an online confessional contains this line:


Confessions are as we see ourselves. It is not always pretty but it is often illuminating.


Ok, so this my confession. It's ugly but true.

Being a fat, lustful, idolatrous, greedy, prideful angry man in a world full of starving kids, I'm way further up on God's shit list than gay couples are.

I hesitated before saying that--as a nice Evangelical Christian, I am not supposed to use the "s-word." But it's true.

I am a dirty sinner who needs Jesus, just like everybody else.

Too many of us good Christians are forgetting this.

If we want to say homosexuals are sinners, that's fine. So are we, and we're doing the big ones.

Don't believe me.

OK, here's a list.


  • Pride
  • Greed
  • Envy
  • Wrath/Anger
  • Lust
  • Gluttony
  • Sloth


OK, here's another list.


  • Love
  • Generosity
  • Kindness
  • Self control
  • Faith and Temperance
  • Humility
  • Zeal


The first was the seven deadly sins. The second was the seven heavenly virtues. Which one would you say most exemplifies your life?

I'm worst than most, because I don't even have the Zeal thing down.

So when do we take out our Bibles, look honestly at our lives, and start changing things?



|

Powered by Blogger