god-of-small-things

God is Redeeming Us Ever Day



Got to hear Charlotte Madeliene, an old friend from my days as a pony-tailed singer songwriter, play at our church last night.

These are anxious days. Too much to do, too little time, and too many people divided over this election, this war, the future of the US. Into my anxiety, Charlotte spoke hope. Or sang hope, for you literalists, in the words of an Easter hymn, which she introduced by saying, "God is redeeming us everyday."


When our hearts are wintry, grieving, or in pain,
Thy touch can call us back to life again;
Fields of our hearts that dead and bare have been:
Love is come again, like wheat that springeth green.


Then on the ride home, these words from RelientK (a band I'd never heard of) came over the radio:


Never underestimate my Jesus
You're telling me that there's no hope
I'm telling you, you're wrong
Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles
He will be strong


That's the Christian story--that God redeems a crumbling world and our crumbling lives.

|

Powered by Blogger